Saturday, March 26, 2016

Nashville Ghost Tour

When I have time on my travels, I like to check out local ghost tours.  They're a lot of fun, and, if it's a decent tour, you get to hear some good old fashioned ghost stories.  Of course, my mind always races with the possibility of returning to some of the more interesting sties for dedicated investigations.

Recently, while spending some time in Nashville, TN, I had the chance to take the Haunted Downtown Nashville tour. 

It's a walking tour, about 90 minutes long, and it hits some of the highlights of the very haunted "music city."
Nashville's Haunted State Capitol Building

The tour is run by Nashville Ghost Tours, a company with 13 years in the business, so they've got this down pretty pat.  The guide on the night I took the tour happened to be the company's owner, and he had a rich knowledge of haunted locations in the city, both those on his tour and others that weren't. 

The walking tour itself included the State Capitol building, the famous Ryman Auditorium and printers alley, site of a famous murder case. 

I enjoyed this tour, it has a relaxed, even pace, and there's time for photo ops at the various locations.
The company also runs a haunted hearse and a haunted tavern tour which, unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to do this time around.

Tours run all week but often sell out, so if you're in town, be sure to snag some tickets.

Check out their site below for all the info:

http://www.nashvilleghosttours.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Nashville-Ghost-Tours-39172248957/?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment